1.16.2014

365:12-15

Okay, you all know me and you know I'm not perfect (insert chuckle here!)...so, you know me being behind on this blog is only natural, right? Because, I'm not perfect.

You know who is perfect? Our Lord, Jesus Christ. I'm studying Matthew in BSF this year and it has been such a joy to dive deeper into Jesus' life and ministry. I have been reminded of so many things and have learned even more new things about Jesus!

Did you know, just after finding out about the death of his dear friend John the Baptist, Jesus withdrew to spend some time alone in prayer. Instead, a great crowd followed him and gathered to see him hear his great teaching. And instead of shooing them away (as I'm sure most of us would prefer doing), Matthew says, he had compassion on them. He had COMPASSION on them! Merriam-Webster defines compassion as "sympathetic consciousness of others' distress together with a desire to alleviate it." How many of us, when we are deep in sorrow, weary and needing time alone, would turn away from our desires and instead, turn toward others who are experiencing their own distress and try to get rid of it for them?! What an awesome picture of our ultimate Good Shepard! And then, Matthew says that not only did he have compassion, he healed their sick. And then, not only did he have compassion and heal their sick, he took 2 little fish and 5 little pieces of bread and he fed them...ALL OF THEM - THOUSANDS OF THEM! He took what little they gave and multiplied it beyond measure! Just as he continually blesses me beyond what I deserve, beyond what I could hope for and beyond what I can imagine!


(Matt 14:13-21)

Okay, back to catching up...this will be quick, I promise. :)


Sunday 1/12
*beautiful winter sunset*


 Monday 1/13
*a tale of 2 brothers...one sits concentrating on eating his lunch (at Costco)*

*the other entertains the onlookers by racing between the tables*



 *next up, teaching them how to clean the toilets!*



Tuesday 1/14
*My Supermen!*

Wednesday 1/15
*Sammy's Play-Doh creation (with Mommy's help :)

*And, Hannah finally got her wish...getting her closed-in-earing-hole re-pierced. The poor thing has been living with only one pierced ear for months (we had to let the other newly pierced hole close in several months ago due to an infection) and we finally made it back to Claire's to get a new piercing. :) I love her face here...it kind of just says it all, doesn't it?!


yay, caught up :)

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Thanks for the good words and good pics, Sarah!