1.27.2008

17 months old

Ellie is 17 months old today...wow, how time flies! She is really growing up before our eyes. I feel a little sad about how quickly she's growing, but then I remember that we're going to go through this whole baby phase again in a few months. And, well, I'm not so sad anymore. :O) 

Hannah is really maturing too. Dare I say that she's getting "easier?" Of course a couple of weeks ago, we had a few struggles. However, since then, she really has seemed to listen better and be more compliant when asked. (I'm knocking on wood right now, by the way!) Interestingly, she's been going through a little jealous phase. A few times recently, if I'm holding/hugging/kissing Ellie, Hannah comes and seeks the same affection. Another example is actually from today. I looked at Ellie and said, "Hi, pretty girl!" and immediately Hannah exclaimed rather defensively, "I'm a pretty girl too!" Of course I agreed with her! I'm hoping she's passes this phase before baby boy comes, otherwise I'm going to have two very jealous little girls around here! 


I realize that it's a little funny that I just got done talking about how Ellie is growing up and then here she is with her pacifier in her mouth (it is usually reserved for bed). The truth is, she's still our little "baby" and she needs her "pipie" once in a while... :o)



Building a tower with Daddy! Hannah was so proud of their creation!


Below is the tower seconds later, (after the picture above) when Ellie decided to test out its durability! Oops!



Carrying her "bebe!"



Ellie's new favorite hideout! She even "kicked" Gabby out one day to crawl in...poor Gabs!



Can't get enough of those beautiful blue eyes..



Proud little one!

No comments: