6.23.2008

Run Hannah Run!

Brian and Hannah joined many runners (including Heidi, Jim, Jake, Derek & Peter) for the 5k and kids run sponsored by Midwest Heart Foundation yesterday morning. The 5K was held first and I was in charge of keeping track of the Johanik kids and ours while Jim, Heidi and Brian ran. It was a beautiful morning, the runners did a great job and the kids were awesome making my job easy. One of the Jim and Heidi's friends was there watching his kids and another family, so between the two of us, we had 15 kids to keep an eye on. Thank goodness for bubbles and snacks! Whew!! :O)

After the 5k, was the kids run...what a riot! Hannah was SO excited to participate in the run...in fact, I've never seen her get out of bed so fast in the morning as she did yesterday! She got her "running" shoes on and was all set! It was one of the cutest things I've ever seen to watch the kids run and to see Hannah's excitement and joy!

Our little climber...Hannah only played w/ the bubbles I brought for about 2 minutes before choosing to climb the nearby tree again!



The 15 kids cheering on their mom and dads! (in case you're looking...Derek is standing up behind the group, he's kind of hard to see...but, the rest of them are sitting)



Hannah taking off!


Hannah on the home stretch...



The big-time runners - Hannah and Peter (with their prized medals that all "finishers" received!)

No comments: